Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Ocean City, Maryland

I vacationed in Ocean City, MD this year with full intention of shouting out to the world how green OC was going, well , I was disappointed they have stopped recycling due to the cost. I did see one (1) organic restaurant but the menu was overpriced plus you needed to be "dressed", my idea of dressed at the shore is shorts and flip flops at all times. Superfresh at 94th Street carried more organic produce, milk, jams, bread, water, etc, then I was normally accustomed to. I also saw Edwards store on the board walk carrying Stainless steel water bottles.

I want to send a special shout out to a local artist that created my new avatar for GGT. His name is Mike and he sits on the boardwalk drawing caricatures. Amazing artist, take a walk down to Fat Cats at 13th Street on the boards see some local talent...thats what eco friendly is all about!

I have concluded that Ocean City still has a way to go. Every visit I make I will continue to ask ,bug, and bother store owners, condo renters, etc, with green questions.
Why shouldn't our vacation spots be green? Who says you stop caring about the environment and ecosystem when you leave your little part of the world?

It doesn't take much to think green!

GGT
http://bit.ly/bKh8Sj

No comments:

Post a Comment